A Photographic Voyage to the Heart of
Khmer Temple Region
Join American photographer Stewart D Halperin on this 10 day Journey to Cambodia.
We will be joined by St. Louis based photographer Jeff Hirsch who not only will provide his incredible photo prowess, but insight and hands on help with his vast skills on work flow and digital processing.
Starting the trip in Siem Reap throws you right into the heart of the magic of the Khmer Temple region. Upon arrival we will be met by Fin Tes our Cambodian co leader and Siem Reap resident. Fin will astound with his knowledge of the past, present and future of Cambodia and more specifically the Angkor Wat area.
For the next eight days we will be based at the Soma Devi Resort and Spa - a well appointed hotel right in the center of Siem Reap and a fabulous location for walking to the night markets, Pub Street and a host of other attractions.
On our first day we will dive right into one of the most interesting temple areas - Preah Khan. Built during the 12th Century this temple is partially swallowed by the vegetation that surrounds it- but makes for incredible juxtaposition of the intricate carvings and the power of the roots and vines that have a strangle hold on the temple.
A early evening with a welcome dinner at a fabulous traditional Cambodia Café
Over the next eight days we will be visiting a host of incredible temples sites, as well as functioning monasteries, rural villages and even one of the finest art institutes in Siem Reap area.
Places to be visited:
- Ta Som, East Mebon, (second day) early morning for our first view and
explorations of Angkor Wat. As the sun rises we start our visit among
all the intricate areas and temples that make up Angkor
- Visit Psa Leu - this open air market that will be a visual feast of
grand proportions. Then a rest at a café nearby and back to market for
those that need more time shooting.
- A sunrise photo opportunity awaits you at the vantage point from Srah
Srang, from there we continue on to Ta
Prohm and Ta Nei Temple
- Now we travel a bit more like the locals and split up into a number
of Tuk Tuks riding through the back streets of Siem
Reap to another fabulous
market called Rolous - It's smaller but with a more local small village
feeling. From there on to Bakong Temple
- Today we delve deeper into the Khmer Empire and head towards Koh
Ker and Beng Mealea and possibly Banteay
- On day eight we start off early to catch a boat across Tone
Le Sap Lake and then along the river up to Battambang
- Day nine we will explore Battambang by tuk tuk.
- We van back to Siem Reap with lots of stops along the way for farm lands, rice paddies and village life. A long day But a fabulous view of Cambodian country life.
- 11 nights along with breakfast and lunch
- Transportation with airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Transport includes boat trips
- All lunches are included for the entire trip
- Entry fees to all temples and sites visited
- Photography sessions, critiques (during and after the trip)
- International flights to Siem Reap Cambodia
- All dinners and drinks
- Tips, laundry and other hotel incidentals
Trip Price: $4100.00
Single Room Supplement: $450.00
A deposit of $500.00 will reserve your space. (Fully refundable until
Final Payment is due June 25, 2017